• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to feed and raise honey gouramis

AquaBonsai99

It’s all happening this weekend! My guppy’s, platys, and honey gouramis all have got pregnant/given birth or laid eggs, and I have no idea on how to feed the honey gourami fry. I don’t have any infusoria of brine shrimp cultures, and i can’t get any for a while. Could I just feed them boiled egg yolk mixed with water? I have never breed gourami before, so help would be really appreciated

Have the gourami fry hatched yet? They are incredibly small and take a long time to grow. I raised a few in a bucket with old filter sponges, mulm and floating plants. I fed ground up bugbites and bbs (the cheap kits you can buy work fast enough for bbs).

Unfortunately I reckon from the 20 or 30 brand new fry or so I managed to rescue from the main tank, 4 made it to juvenile stage and went back in the tank, and only one to adulthood proper. He now lives with his dad as mum preferred the carpet 😩.

I have read that lids are an absolute must to keep high humidity which they need in order for the labyrinth organ to develop correctly. I didn't use one which may explain fatality rate.

Good luck, it's very rewarding, all the best!

Hobby Protogen is dried, dormant infusoria. It has worked well for me, but can be hard to find. If your LFS has it. I would recommend getting some.
Liquifry also works, but you have to careful not to use too much as it can foul the water; little and often is ideal. Most aquatic shops stock it, or Amazon.
hth

Back