• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How-To: Extend Koralia Powerhead Cable?

Stitch

I've purchased a couple of Koralia Nano powerheads however the cables are not long enough to reach my multi-plug adaptor.

Would I be ok to just cut the cable in the middle and connect an extra piece of cable in the middle?

Is there anything special I should consider? Connection type / Wire thickness etc?

Thanks

Buy a special extender block. £1.20 from b&q. Only need that and some 2 core 0.75mm2 cable :).

u6umazur.jpg

Wow, quick reply. :)

I'm actually in Dubai so not sure we have those extender blocks. I'll check though.

Failing that could I just buy some of this cable and manually extend myself? ie: Twist exposed wires together and tape up?

Only need that and some 2 core 0.75mm2 cable

Or is there a better solution?

I wouldn't. Could be a bit dangerous. The least I would use is 5A rates terminal blocks. You can find it all on eBay mind.

OK, I think I know what you mean.

Are you talking about these? (Chocbox):
151169707-40.jpg

Yea you can use them. I was talking about the terminal strips. Normally 12 on a strip. But that's a lot better than the terminal strips. Keeps things safe.

Wow, quick reply. :)

I'm actually in Dubai so not sure we have those extender blocks. I'll check though.

Failing that could I just buy some of this cable and manually extend myself? ie: Twist exposed wires together and tape up?

Or is there a better solution?
Should be fine assuming you solder tin the stripped ends, then make a mechanical connection between the two, resolder, then tape the individual joints, then the whole cable.

HOW TO SOLDER A WIRE CONNECTION - YouTube

I extended mine by soldering the wires together and using heat shrink tubing over each wire, then a bigger piece of heat shrink tubing over both wires.

Back