• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to clean a closed inline co2 atomizer?

Luis Batista

hi

I have been using the new Up atomizers for more than a year. The new version you can open it to take off the ceramic to clean.

No problem here.

But i try a Intense one, that is closed.You cant open it...

IT-80662_zpsr5pkdkxd.jpg

So, how do i clean the ceramic? Simple scrubbing dont do the job. Have to be to soak to properly clean the micro holes on the ceramic...

I know that Intense have a detergent kit but it´s kind of to expensive, about the same price than ADA SUPERGE :crazy:

So, what can i use, to soak the entire diffuser, that do not cause any harm to the diffuser plastic body?

I use bleach to clean the UP version, that you can open, but with this one problably its not the best option because the bleach could soak and pass trow the ceramic, to the inside of the atomizer body.

I read about using vinigar, that the acid is good for it.

Luís Batista

Sent from my Nokia 3310!

Luis, you may be right but that is what lots of people do & I have not heard any bad results?
If it worries you too much then just use the denture cleaner & see it that works on its own.
PS it seems half the members on here add bleach directly to new tanks!

30 mins in 1:1 limescale bleach/water works best for me...it dissolves both organics and carbonate build up, the atomizer always works as good as new afterwards...no ill effects on critters - obviously I give it a good rinse under the tap after.

Ended using bleach like i used to...

No bleach in the atomizer chamber so...

Thanks all

I was make it more complicated than it was.

So say my ex wife... :D

Luís Batista

Sent from my Nokia 3310!

Instead of bleach I have had good results with H2O2 (hydrogen Peroxide). Does the job and no toxicity issue with livestock once its reconnected. I use a a syringe to fill up the chamber and then dunk it in a glass full of H2O2 so that the central open water flow area also gets cleaned. After an hour I use the syringe to extract the h2o2 inside the chamber and refill it with some fresh h2o2 and also use the syringe to was inside the open area. Leave it for another hour, empty the chamber and reconnect. I run it at a higher pressure for 10 mins or so and then reset it to normal. Does a great job. Im using the same atomiser since 2009 !

Back