• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much TPN+ do you dose?

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
Hi,

I've switched to TPN+ on my nanos with great success but have not really paid attention to the exact amounts i am putting in or my absorb son rates (i gave up on test kits when i learned EI).

I judged a lot of the amounts to put in from peoples recommendations here, other journals and a rough "rule" someone stated as 1ml per day per 20L. But then with this rule i have a discrepancy in I use 0.5ml on my pressurised 10L, while i use 1ml on my easycarbo 20L. Even though easycarbo doesn’t provide the growth boost of pressurised.

I am intrigued by how other people are using this liquid in different setups.

So could people quickly reply what dosing they are using in what tanks in the following format.

Tank size - *L
Daily dose - *ml
CO2 type - None/Easycarbo (amount)/Pressurised or DIY
Plant Mass - Light/Medium/Full

Thanks for your participation.

Best Regards,
John

10L
0.5ml
Pressurised
Full

20L
1ml
Easycarbo
Full

hijac,
You are setting yourself up for failure by collecting information on who doses what amounts of TPN+. Everyones tank is fed by a different water supply - which contains different levels of nutrients, which has different lighting, which is configured via different flow/distribution, which has a different injection rate and which contains different stocking levels, so none of the responses you get have any relevance to your tank. All these factors strongly influence the required uptake rate. Furthermore no one has any idea whether their dosing is marginal or excessive, so the success or failure of other peoples tank can not be used as an indicator of your tanks success.

In fact, you yourself indicate that your dosing levels on your nano is 50% the stated norm. So if someone states they use the norm or twice the norm, or whatever, this is meaningless for you.

Use your own nano experience as a guide for your other tanks, but again the second tank will be different and may require an adjustment either up or down depending on it's configuration.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
hijac,
You are setting yourself up for failure by collecting information on who doses what amounts of TPN+. Everyones tank is fed by a different water supply - which contains different levels of nutrients, which has different lighting, which is configured via different flow/distribution, which has a different injection rate and which contains different stocking levels, so none of the responses you get have any relevance to your tank. All these factors strongly influence the required uptake rate. Furthermore no one has any idea whether their dosing is marginal or excessive, so the success or failure of other peoples tank can not be used as an indicator of your tanks success.

In fact, you yourself indicate that your dosing levels on your nano is 50% the stated norm. So if someone states they use the norm or twice the norm, or whatever, this is meaningless for you.

Use your own nano experience as a guide for your other tanks, but again the second tank will be different and may require an adjustment either up or down depending on it's configuration.

Cheers,

True, i am using RO water which most won't be on their nanos.

Back