• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much should I dose?

Gaina

Hello All,

I've just started using The Aquascaper Complete Plant Food in my fluval roma 125. I think from the guide on the bottle I should be adding 4ml a day but I'm not sure if my LED light is classed as medium or high?

Any advice gratefully received. :thumbup:

If unsire dose for high light then once plants are growing healthy just cut the dose down a bit at a time until the healthy plants start to suffer. Then return back to the dose before the signs of unhealthy plants.

Also you choice of substrate will affect you dose over time. If you have an inert substrate eg gravel/sand you dose will need to be optimised. However if you are using Aquasiol (AS) the dose may be less as the AS releases nutrients as needed dependant on type of AS

Plus as your plant mass increases you will need more nutrients also.

So no imperial dose fits all.

You injecting CO2 ? If so go for high dose with suitable Weekly WC.

For the nutrients to be excessive you would have to well overdose.

Having enough nutrients in abundance is key to success.
Just reset save levels weekly with decent WC, helps remove toxins and detritus which are our enemy. Reg cleaning of filter tooasdive help, keeps flow optimum and removes detritus.

Back