• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much flow have you got?

gex23

After reading into flow and how everyone has their own opinion on what's optimal - it'd be interesting to see what UKAPS members use to produce, in their opinion, the optimal flow rate / distribution.

So feel free to reply with your tank dimensions / capacity along with what filtration and / or powerheads you use.

I'll start :

Fluval Roma 90 - 60 x 45 x 45 cm / 90l

Eheim 350 with spraybar - 1050 LPH (eheim specs)

Vision 180 with JBL e1500 (1400l/hr) and full width spray bar, internal 600l/hr filter and 3200l/hr power head and 4 off T5 HO tubes and no (actually very little algae).

It all depends on what you are keeping. My South American tanks with apistogramma and tetras, 10-50 gallon, run mostly with zero flow (that also means no filter). Magnum internal polishing filters running at 290 gallon/hour are used for 80 and 90 gallon community tanks to remove particulates. All are low-tech 'jungle style' densely planted. I have a blog on low-flow tanks here http://biodives.com/blog/?p=175.

Back