• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much electricity does a Solenoid user?

Bobtastic

Hi all,

I was wonding how much eleci a solenoid on a regulator would use on average? Is it much? I have quite alot of tank related stuff running atm and am a little fearfull about adding more stuff on... Not sure my wallet can handle it! ;)

Thanks in advance!

Bobtastic said:
Oooooh! That sounds expensive! From the phrasing of the sentence I take it they're not widely used?
i dont think they were that much more expensive but there were dearer. TGM used to sell them but they are just showing a Standard solenoid for sale on their website now. AE have two but it doesnt show what type they are.

I think my two are both standards.

Solenoid valves are electro magnet - so when the valve is open (co2 entering the tank) electricity is being used. The electric energises the magnet which pulls the valve open and remain open (using electricity) until the electrical supply is switched off. I would sugest that the amount of electricity used in minimal and you would not see any difference in the speed of the spinning wheel or disc within the electric meter.

Regards
Paul.

Back