• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much do you spend on CO2?

Jose

Hi fishpeople,

Yeap, so approx how much CO2 Kgs and ££ you spend on CO2 periodically?

Also the method of diffusion you use?

Thats it really, simple question.

Last edited:
So do I, and the good thing are that it is constantly replenished, and there is more free CO2 all the time (400ppm, compared to 300ppm pre the industrial revolution).

Hehe yeah but some plants cant be grown very well. This is main thing why I use CO2. Carpet plants and red pants.

How many BPS
BPS is meaningless as depends on size of bubble which depends on type of bubble counter. I use a JBL bubble counter with couple of bubbles per second, but never measured, no need to.

What I have measured is about 20gr per day CO2 and drop checker colour.
8267e0b6-3643-41e1-9177-2a535b2c801b_zpsa7d34f0f.jpg

About 5kg mollasses per month at the current rate (experimental), 1,30€. 1 300L tank.

Where do you purchase your FE?
Phoned up the number on our FE's at work of the company that supplies them. Found out the supplier/repairer/fitter guy lives down the same road as my work, so drops/swaps them out when he is going to/from home. I am in Southampton area.

Ups I forgot to say how much I spend. I use a soda bottle every two months or so in a 12 l nano. With an intank atomizer. So its £9 evry two months or so.

Phoned up the number on our FE's at work of the company that supplies them. Found out the supplier/repairer/fitter guy lives down the same road as my work, so drops/swaps them out when he is going to/from home. I am in Southampton area.
I live in Salisbury. For me right now its also about size since I dont have space for a 2kg cylinder. There are many places to get soda bottles and thats also a plus.

Last 2kg fill up £2 :) Barber Brothers in Birmingham. Very reasonable 2kg ex FE for sale too at £30 each full. Lever taken off and valve added...

I bought a pub cylinder (8 kg of CO2) in March 2014 and switch it to my 60 liters tank. It's been running at 2-3 bps, from 9.45h to 18h everyday using an inline diffuser...
Two weeks ago I noticed some variation on the bubble rate (finally a leak) and the gauge was indicating a slight decrease of the pressure. Curiously at the FE shop I was told that half of the cylinder was still full! That means that I have been using it for 11 months and it can last for sure 4-5 months more. Not bad for a 50€ cylinder (cylinder + gas), refilling is around 40 € if I'm not wrong... thus I would say that I spend 3€ in Co2 per month.

Jordi

Back