• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how many bubbles per second?

if the soleniod is between the bottle and the gauge which it sounds like it is which regulator is it

i use a Dennrle reg but alot of people use the jbls. if when your solenoid cones on, your presser goes up and gas comes out sounds, like every thing is working fine.

RudeDogg1 said:
As the title says. Im sure summut aint right my newly filled 2kg tank only came up as 50 on the preasure gauge

Hi

If you are using a twin gauge reg a new bottle or FE will show about 50 bar on the left hand gauge (JBL Reg) and the gauge on the right will show line pressure which should be between 1 - 2 bar when switched on and 3 bar when off.

DSC_0008.jpg

Regards
Paul

if its a full bottle the gauge on the left should be at 50.
maybe it leaked.

no,the gauge on the left is the bottle pressure.if its on 0 then the bottle is empty.

looks like ill be contacting the people that filled it tomoz. They fitted a new tap thing when they filled it maybe thats leaking or something

Well it's working again now I think the new valve / tap the fillers fitted on the tank is abit tepremental as I gave the tap another twist (even tho it was on full yesterday) and it kicked in. Now back to my original question what bubble rate should I be at? It's about 1 a second at the mo. And how much surface agitation is to much? The spray bar is is angled down slightly so it's rippling the surface but not breaking it (because it's silent)

RudeDogg1 said:
Well it's working again now I think the new valve / tap the fillers fitted on the tank is abit tepremental as I gave the tap another twist (even tho it was on full yesterday) and it kicked in. Now back to my original question what bubble rate should I be at? It's about 1 a second at the mo. And how much surface agitation is to much? The spray bar is is angled down slightly so it's rippling the surface but not breaking it (because it's silent)

Hi

Glad you have now got it working: its hard to say what the bubble rate should be - it depends on how much gas your plants consume, do you have any drop checkers? if so you want to move them around the interior to check the residual levels within the water column, if you tank has a medium quantity of plants i would started at 2 - 3 bps, switch the gas on 1 hour prior to the lights coming on and off 1 hour prior to the lights going off, do this for a couple of days and check the colour of the dc when the lights come on and go off - you need to aim for a lightish green colour when the lights come on.

Hope this helps

Regards
Paul.

ok the tank specs are 48" x 16 x 22, Eheim 2076 pro 3e with a spray bar down 1 end and on full power so all the plants are swaying, Up inline atomiser, I have a drop checker but its still blue :0s.

Water params are:

TDS: 160
PH: Low range 7.6 High range 8-8.2
Ammonia: 4ppm (because im doing a fishless cycle)
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
KH: 4
GH: 71.6
Temp: 28c

Im not sure if the atomiser is even working because i expected to see some bubbles even tho its inline Ive just put the preasure up to 2 bar as someone sudjested.

Back