• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how many bubbles per second?

hogan53 said:
Hi RD1
Ive not used a atomiser with a spray bar before so there maybe complete dissolvement in the bar :?:
Someone on here may help on that front.
hoggie
i use one with a spraybar and you still get a mist ;) .

RudeDogg1 said:
I did have it round that way originally but someone told me yesterday I needs to b b4 the bubble counter so I'll swap it back gonna try without the bubble counter because I must be losing pressure because if it is t water tight it sure as he'll ain't air tight
That's not correct....I suppose the term __before__ could mean behind or in-front.
It should be on the out pipe of your external filter.... as i said attach a check valve onto the Co2 tube just before the atomiser.
Have another go at it.
hoggie

I still reckon it's the jbl bubble counter that's the culprit as it don't even have any kind of rubber seal and it's not water or air tight. Gonna try it without when I get home and put the pressure up

hogan53 said:
RudeDogg1 said:
I did have it round that way originally but someone told me yesterday I needs to b b4 the bubble counter so I'll swap it back gonna try without the bubble counter because I must be losing pressure because if it is t water tight it sure as he'll ain't air tight
If you remove the bubble counter you have to make sure the solenoid is open and there is Co2 running..... put the Co2 tubing in the aquarium to make sure have it running at slow rate or your wasting Co2.
Then attach it to the atomiser also switch your filter off the chamber should have some water in it.
Increase the Co2 flow slowly wait and see if the water is being forced through the ceramic membrane if it going down turn your filter back on and wait see what happens.
You may have to increase again...
hoggie

RudeDogg1 said:
I still reckon it's the jbl bubble counter that's the culprit as it don't even have any kind of rubber seal and it's not water or air tight. Gonna try it without when I get home and put the pressure up
I think you can take them apart to clean..... JBL bubble counters.
If someone has done so and not assembled it properly that could be your problem.
hoggie

Found this
http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/ ... -3188.html
Removable lid and O ring.
I have one of these counters but i have never cleaned it.
You could be missing a O ring mate.
hoggie

RudeDogg1 said:
Ah coud b that then fingers crossed I've ordered an new one
Have a look first and check.....
No point getting something you might not need. :thumbup:
hoggie

my suspisions where correct it was the bloomin bubble counter! I even found the o ring amongst some other bits the bloke sent with my co2 set but it still leaked. So what ive done at the mo is turn the needle valve up full added an inline needle valve (so i can control it better) between the soleniod and non return and set it to 2.5 bar. Even tho I ordered another bubble counter a glass one this time Im considering not bothering with it. How long will it take for the drop checker to change colour?

its gone green now but its not far from the filter outlet from when i was panicing about the co2 not working should it be down the oposite end? 1 last question how long does it take for the plants to start kicking in?

RudeDogg1 said:
its gone green now but its not far from the filter outlet from when i was panicking about the co2 not working should it be down the opposite end? 1 last question how long does it take for the plants to start kicking in?
Leave it were it is for the moment.
Have you fish/shrimp in the tank.
It will take a few weeks to see any major changes be patient take a picture for reference.
hoggie

RudeDogg1 said:
no fish yet as im doing a fishless cycle only set up saturday

You can keep the Co2 going till its limeade colour then.
Try and keep that Co2 level stable use a timer on your solenoid.
Also one on your lights.
hoggie

Back