• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how many bubbles per second?

Apparently the atomiser needs 1.7 bar to operate, I would try about 3-4 bps - you should them be able to see millions of microbubbles everywhere!
I must admit that although I have been using pressurised C02 sytems for 25 years I am not an expert & have pretty much relied on visual inspection of my plants & fish to judge what is going on!
However I can sat with some confidence that I am successfully running my atomiser at 3 bps in a 300 lt tank with good results.

well I think "bubbles" are a bit of a miss term - a very fine mist is better.
Anyhow i had some initial problems with mine too, this was due to leaks along the line due to the relatively high back pressure. I had to super glue various gas line joints especially on my bubble counter?
Try wetting any external joints with a bit of fairy liquid to see if they leak.

If your bubble counter is showing bubbles going through & you cant find any leaks then one must assume the gas is going somewhere, what makes you think it is not working, is it because you cant see any mist or because your drop checker is blue?
Have you filled the drop checher with the correct fluid or used tank water?

Because I can't see any mist and the drop checker is still blue even tho I've now put it right infront of the filter outlet. No haven't used tank water it's a Colombo drop checker u just use the reagent that comes with it (ae have told me the solution isn't very accurate so I've ordered some bromo blue 4am solution)

Hi RD1
Have you used this regulator on another diffuser did it work properly?
Can you adjust the bubble rate?
Have you got the atomiser installed correctly?Do you see any water in the atomiser?
Can you post a picture of the regulator gauges.
I have the same regulator.I had to adjust the working pressure manually to get it to work.
Did you do that?
hoggie

I've personally not used it on another but the bloke I bought it off had it on one of them hideous jbl difusers. There's. Ot really a wrong way to I stall the atomiser except upside down. Yeah looks like there is water in it. Yeah u can adjust the bubble rate I even tried whacking it right up but no change. I also adjusted the pressure manually to 2 bar. I can get a pic when I'm home but they say 50 on the tank pressure and 2 bar on the other

Hi RD1
Here is a couple of photos
This what you should see on your regulator.
This is the way to install the atomiser....I'm not sure if it makes may difference but as you can see there's no water in the chamber.
JBLregrunat2bar031-1.jpg

JBLregrunat2bar032-1.jpg

Regards
hoggie

I was only guessing it had water in cuz when I took it apart again lastnigh there was a lil bit in there. My gauge is saying the same as urs

RudeDogg1 said:
I was only guessing it had water in cuz when I took it apart again lastnigh there was a lil bit in there. My gauge is saying the same as urs
Okay
What pipe/tube have you got the atomiser on the in-pipe or the out-pipe of the filter?
hoggie

The out pipe

Well the bloody thing is really peeing me off now just popped home and it had started syphoning my tank out so yeah I'd say it has water in!

Hi RD1
Try attaching a check valve to the Co2 tubing just before the atomiser.
That may stop the back flow of water into the chamber.That's what Ive done.
It takes quite a bit of pressure to get this up and running.....I think i left it for about 10/15 mins
running on a high bubble rate before I could see any bubbles/misting.
Ive not used a atomiser with a spray bar before so there maybe complete dissolvement in the bar :?:
Someone on here may help on that front.
Have you switched on your lights fully because these bubbles are minuscules even i have to have a second look to find them :lol:
hoggie

I did have it round that way originally but someone told me yesterday I needs to b b4 the bubble counter so I'll swap it back gonna try without the bubble counter because I must be losing pressure because if it is t water tight it sure as he'll ain't air tight

Back