• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How does this look ?

Django

I am setting up a juwel rio 180 with corner HMF filter, pressurized co2, and hopefully alot of plants :D

I am in doubt about the flow in the aquarium though... I did a couple of drawings in paint to explain :D

First the CO2 reactor setup. It is a round wessel driven by a 1200liter pump, the water intake runs through 2 pibes from outside the HMF, and meet in a t-piece. The co2 enters through a bicycle valve mounted in the t-piece so and is let to the pump and into the vortex reactor. The idea is to pump the water out about 10cm from the top of the tank hitting the front of the tank (see flow drawing). The Hmf pump is placed lower and in what I think will be a dead corner. The intakes to the reactor will be roughly 10cm from the bottom layer.

Any suggestions??? am I doing it all wrong?
coreaktor.jpg

flow.jpg

I don't realy understand the drawings.
Be carefull how much you pull through the HMF, i would run the whole CO2 outside the HMF and have that do the flow in the tank, and just a small pump on the HMF. Also not sure of the combination high tech and HMF. I love matenfilters but these are exceptionally good in low tech

The hmf is run by a 600l/hr pico pump, the circulation is fed through pibes from outside the HMF, so it will not pull through the HMF, the hardware is just hidden there :D

Back