• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How do you clean up salts?

Jaap

Hello

How do you get rid of these horrible salt residues from your tanks?

c25cc4796eb538863df38269cab764e8.jpg
baa02c89d1da342818f1cddf40b7dbfe.jpg

Thanks

You have to clean this with a razor blade each time you change the water (very carefully, but as the salt deposit won't be that much from week to week, the chances of scratching the glass won't be that high). I have liquid rock water and at least that is what I have to do to avoid getting to this point. Once the tank has no water vinegar works as mentioned.

Jordi

Totally agree with parotet. Just like to add that when using r.o. water, there will be much less residue.

I use white distilled vinegar on a sponge. Let the water level down (water change) Wipe it all thoroughly with the sponge. Leave it for 10 minutes or so and then scrape with a credit card or carefully with a stanley blade. Repeat the process if necessary. You don't need to worry about the vinegar contaminating the water or anything like that. Some people use it to lower ph. lol

Back