• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how do you arrange the filter media in your canister?

jarthel

like from top to bottom, what's the arrangement? (e.g. top basket = bioballs, middle = noodles and bottom basket = wool)

I am assuming the inlet and outlet are both on top.

maybe the arrangement does not matter?

Thank you

jarthel said:
like from top to bottom, what's the arrangement? (e.g. top basket = bioballs, middle = noodles and bottom basket = wool)

I am assuming the inlet and outlet are both on top.

maybe the arrangement does not matter?

Thank you

Assume you are talking about a TetraTec external filter - if so

Noddles at the bottom, Bio balls in the middle, wool in the top
tetra-spares-all.jpg

see attached picy
Regards
Paul.

I'm not talking specifically about tetratac as they don't sell it here (I'm living outside the UK).

But there are plenty of canister out there where the inlet and outlet are both at the top. assuming this is the case, I assume the water enters the bottom basket first and goes out of top lastly.

jarthel said:
I'm not talking specifically about tetratac as they don't sell it here (I'm living outside the UK).

But there are plenty of canister out there where the inlet and outlet are both at the top. assuming this is the case, I assume the water enters the bottom basket first and goes out of top lastly.

Spot on :thumbup: what filter have you got.

paul

I got an aqua one cf1200 and a chairman mao special (2000 LPH) (haven't bought it yet. waiting for the tank). :)

jarthel said:
I got an aqua one cf1200 and a chairman mao special (2000 LPH) (haven't bought it yet. waiting for the tank). :)

Jarthel

here is a short cut to your instruction - aqua have the noodle / bio balls the oposite way to tetra tec so its up to you which way you have them - personally i would put them in the configuration that Tetra tec have them.

http://www.aquaone.co.uk/documents/Aqui ... es_new.pdf

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
jarthel said:

Jarthel

here is a short cut to your instruction - aqua have the noodle / bio balls the oposite way to tetra tec so its up to you which way you have them - personally i would put them in the configuration that Tetra tec have them.

http://www.aquaone.co.uk/documents/Aqui ... es_new.pdf

Regards
Paul.

thanks Paul.

But some member don't follow the instruction manual. They have their own way of filling up the canister. 2 canister. 1 canister could be just would. while the other is full of balls/noodles. :)

I think a lot depend on preference.

I run 2 filters on my Malawi tank, set up as the manufacturers suggest.

One is Tetratec, the other, Rena. Tetra has large mass at the bottom to capture big lumps and them sponge above, Rena goes the other way. The Rena requires more frequent maintenance due to the sponges clogging up so I'm going to try the baskets the same way the Tetra has and see what the effect is. I've never had slow down of water output with any of the Tetras but have with the Renas. (incidentally my FX5 is still my fave filter)

Back