• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How do I put on Panty Hose?

frothhelmet

Heh.

Bought some to protect my shrimplets from the various internal filter predators that I have. So, after I have finished playing dress-up, how should I put them on/in the filter to work? My filter looks like this;

http://www.cheappetproducts.net/TOM_MIN ... 47395.html

I was thinking of;

1. Putting the internal filter sponge directly into the panty hose foot end, cutting the hose, and then putting that in the filter

or

2. Putting the whole base of the filter inside the 'foot' of the hose, and somehow securing the panty hose to the outside of the filter (no idea how to do this).

The first method sounded better to me. Any advice/experience ladies?

I had to do something similar in my first shrimp tank.

Put the material over the outside of the filter and hold it in place with a cable tie. If you put it around the sponge the shrimplets will still get into the filter, they see the sponges as an easy source of food but as they are so tiny they get pulled onto the impellor easily. My last shrimp tank was a river reef with a built in box filter and the sponges were always covered in shrimp and nerite snails.

The tights will clog easily so you'll have to keep an eye on flow.

Enough to be smooth. Overstretched them and you may find that the cable tie won't hold them

I successfully attached the panty hose, but since I was putting it around the outside of the whole filter (Which is square shaped and not a circle) I found it easier to do so with a very long twisty-tie. Is working great.

Back