• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hose reducers with oase biomaster 250

Jimmyc

Hi all. I’m wondering if anyone here has had any succession with reducing the pipe work from 16/22 to 12/16 on an oase biomaster 250?. Only reason im asking is because I would prefer to fit smaller Lilly pipes to my ADA 60p. Also the smaller pipe work on show would suit the size of tank more so in my opinion. Or would doing this cause any damage to the filter itself? Thanks in advance
James

It might slightly reduce the flow, but not likely to harm the pump or filter. I probably wouldn't do it to a Biomaster 850 or 600, but for a 250 I think it could cope with the smaller pipe size, again as long as you can accept a slightly lesser flow.

It likely won’t be an issue.

Here is my Oase Biomaster 850 powering a reactor via 12mm piping which then opens up again to 16mm.

Consider this - how different is reducing pipe diameter to adding additional head height when considering pump strain?

f0cfe03b85690426b55417b56def8163.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might slightly reduce the flow, but not likely to harm the pump or filter. I probably wouldn't do it to a Biomaster 850 or 600, but for a 250 I think it could cope with the smaller pipe size, again as long as you can accept a slightly lesser flow.
Absolutely agree with regards to a 600/850 that wouldn’t make sense. I just fancied a more minimalistic look to where the tank is located. I will be running the 16/22 pipe work still until within a couple of inches from the tank? Appreciate you insight

Back