• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Holiday algae HELP!!

Mattant1984

So ive just got back from a week in the sun and whilst away the fish were being fed (auto feeder once a day) but the plants we're not.

I usually dose 30ml TMC complete 3 times a week but since coming home ive noticed a bit more algae on the plant leaves. (Looks fine like threads, see pic in comments)

Is this because I didn't dose the plants??
Now I'm adding ferts again with this slow down??

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20 (ish) however this would have been lower during the time I was on holiday

1. 700 litres
2. 2+ years running
3. 3 external filters
4. Nicrew LED running 8.5 hours a day
5. Fine gravel substrate
6. No C02
7. TNC complete 30ml 3 times a week
8. 30-40% water change weekly
9. Crypts, anubias, java fern, easy stem plants such as hydrafilia
10. Angelfish, rainbowfish, various tetras and corries

Last edited:
Pic
20221023_160844.jpg

Attachments

• 20221023_102023.jpg
    20221023_102023.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • 20221023_212058.jpg
    20221023_212058.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
So do you think that the lack of ferts for a week has caused it??
I wouldnt be able to say for sure, but since that was one of the things that you changed when it happened then its a good place to start.
Get everything in the tank running like it was before, some maintenance if it needs it and so on, and then reevaluate after a few weeks if theres still a problem 😊

I wouldnt be able to say for sure, but since that was one of the things that you changed when it happened then its a good place to start.
Get everything in the tank running like it was before, some maintenance if it needs it and so on, and then reevaluate after a few weeks if theres still a problem 😊
Sounds like a plan, thanks for the help mate 👍🏼 👌 😀

Resuming your previous routine (including ferts) will probably be a safe choice if your tank was functioning normally before.

Back