• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Holes on anubia leaves

LMuhlen

IMG-20220616-WA0023.jpeg

Hello,

What could be making these holes on the anubia leaves? This is a farm plastic tank with no fish, only some unwanted snails. I use ferts close to EI standard, there is also some CO2 from yeast bottles and an in water reactor.

Are you blasting lots of light? Anubias are low light plants. Having them under high light is ok but my experience is that they sometimes will tend to have this yellow tint and in some instances you'll have these pin holes which develop very early on in the leaf development. I can see some yellowing and veining in most of the leaves so this is telling me the plant is somewhat under stress of some sort. Could also be a deficiency but I would doubt that since you are dosing EI levels. Anubias grown under lower light will tend to be a darker green.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. The lights aren't very strong, but this plastic tank is super shallow and the plants are all at the surface, really close to the lights. I'll try some floating plants

Could they be breaking the surface and getting little dry damaged patches? Is it just on the ones near the surface or all over?

The Anubias aren't breaking the surface, and the holes are showing up on most leaves, regardless of how close they are to the surface. But compared to a normal tank, they are all close to the surface.

I'm seeing iron deficiency symptoms on other plants in another tank, so I now changed the chelator. Hopefully if that was an issue it will get sorted out.

Back