• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hillstream ideas needed

MarcoB

Hi Guys,

I'm searching for nice pics for inspiration.

The goal is to create a hillstream tank with a bit of iwagumi flavour in a 200x50x50 tank.
Biggest issue is the background of the tank. This tank needs a background because of the sorry state of the glass.

Any ideas?

A lot of ppl favour plain white or black backgrounds on their scapes. A blue or gradient from blue to white also looks good. If you don't want to opt for a colour a translucent/opaque film that sticks when wet'd is another option, with that you could shine a spot on to the back too, possibly with a gel for a touch of colour?

Yeah, that's a nice one but a littlebit to boring for me to have that for a showtank in the office on 2meter size. It doesnt have to be a heavily planted tank and I tend to an asian fastflowing river is a biotopedirection.

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
Garuf that is a great find, much enjoyed.

Wim is a friend of mine. I helped him with the build!
This Palu is an inspiration. surely but with a depth of just 50cm it's hard to realize the same effect!
I'll check the loachessite. Thanks for that tip!

Back