• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hills with Ada Amazonia

bobiciupe

Hi guys! I am thinking on doing a reset on my tank. I am using now Ada Amazonia, and i intend to use the same substrate on my next setup. The question is how can I build some hills and slope from amazonia in order not to colapse in time. I am wondering if some of you guys already did that.

Thanks!

Build up beneath the amazonia with old amazonia, gravel, lava rock, (a lot of folk put it in filter bags so that it can be removed easier later) egg crate/ whatever you want so long as aquarium safe.

In the video he talks about rock scapes but the principal is the same.

ATB

Forgot to add, use substrate supports (thin strips of plastic) to support the front end of the gradated gravel if you know what I mean at the points most likely to slip - you can buy them or I've heard of folk cutting up old plant pots inserting.

Another method here which looks to be a bit simpler.

On a side note there's plenty in you tube - I found a guy called Dustin but to be honest I can't be doing with people shouting at me through the computer so didn't give it any airplay although when fast fowarding through his muted video he seemed to have good ideas

I've also seen quite a few folk using polystyrene sheets under rock.

Back