• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hikari Sinking Goldfish Excel

BarryH

Has anyone bought Hikari Sinking Goldfish Excel here in the UK? I've tried most shops but they never seem to have heard of it and online stores are the same.

I've recently been feeding Hikari Oranda Gold and the fish love it, only problem is it is a floating pellet and when the fish take it from the surface, having large tails they splash water over the side of the tanks. Quite a bit of water some days.

I've tried soaking the Hikari before putting it in the tanks but the pellets still float. I've also tried using a feeding ring that floats on the surface but without success. The fish take the pellets from the ring but again the splashing takes the pellets out of the ring and they float to the sides of the tank, causing the same problem as before.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

New life spectrum does a good pellet, I'm using Thera A atm, it's got pretty top ingredients.

It's indeed a bit of a ripoff.. :) If you look at contents all fishfood is mainly based on Fishmeal.. Even if you buy spirulina tabs, brands like Sere and Tetra only contains 20% spirulina and 80% other grinded fish and clamp parts and a dy to color it green. There are brands selling pruducts named spirulina bellow 20% contents which is from spirulina side useless.

Look at the commercial fish breeders, they all use Trout pellets (Trouvit), also based on fishmeal.. Even lots of anglers use bait based on Trouvit with added artificial flavors.

Trouvit cost +/- € 3.50 a kilo.. It comes in all kinds of sizes, floating and sinking. If you grind it and make you can make a dough and mix in other vegi contents like garlic powder, parsley etc.

Anyway if we eat a trout from the supermarket, we eat Trouvit. :)

Back