• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

High tech half gallon

brandon429

idB9Dw3Xj

idB9Dw3Xj

This is considered very low maintenance. I ei the ei dosing method, meaning I have 'some' macro injected in the tank and 'some' csb micros and iron lol. total random dosing

I found through lengthy experimentation capture and timed release is the right way to gas a half gallon planted tank at the right levels. constant bubble is a failure point but this panflute method I developed fills each tube once or twice a day off a solenoid and it takes 6 hours to gas off back into the tank, then the tubes are full of water again for the next round. Run it high light (no obstructions on the 9w 6500 pc bulb in the mini hood and you can flute it twice a day to seat in anything as a carpet

idJM6H6rj

run it lower light, meaning some black electrical tape covers some of the radiance output from the bulb, and you can gas it once a day to maintain the blast carpet you grow in. this is a sealed system but accessible large glass cut lid. this aquarium was made as a mini reef by me in 2001 but is now planted lol

gassing a half gallon correctly without overdose or complexity was the tricky part. I use peroxide to prevent algae and I test for no params. this is a still, noncirc, nonheated tank

substrate is from livewithnature.net

nice to meet ya
B

here is the gas array working in a little plastic dish

and in tank action:

Last edited:
4M8yzq.jpg

Last edited:
p5Wk2uYrj

ipXs1mxOj

Last edited:
In the top of the reply box there is picture icon next to the smiley icon. Click that and put the direct link into it.

injecting CO2 into a shallow tank via a diffuser is very ineffient, better to use a reactor or a ladder like you have done. Keeps the CO2 in contact with the water much longer.

this bowl is 13 yrs old, bamboo is about ten feet tall lol

Five gallons of water bowl is 19 gallon
Has rock wood foam and substrate living back wall

I don't really prune or scape, just change water monthly 100% to keep shrimp happy

no co2 just extremely high organic substrate for natural ferts I occasionally add some ei as well.

This is a true indefinite lifespan ecosystem. no fish just inbreeding rcs to keep bioload manageable

this system is designed to live as long as I do and pass down to family one day

runs off mh reef light 175 watt I think it is
iqbGPURHj

I'm trying to load two images per page but my ipad browser won't..sorry for multi posts but it only posts img for the second one

f0ZU9AaIj

These micro tanks have matching stands and canopies I do reefs and planted in them
f0sHEf2Fj

f0ZU9AaIj

Last edited:
Back