• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

High pitch whine on TMC LED tiles

Ric3119 I took the caps out of my two yesterday took literally 5 mins each.
Just snip through the cap with wire cutters, don't pull, they kind of just cleanly pop off. Really easy, only what tmc would do if you sent it away. No more whining :)

Edit: cutting with wire cutters is what a member in here told me
Plus I confirmed with tmc, I send you the email they sent me.

Ric3119 I took the caps out of my two yesterday took literally 5 mins each.
Just snip through the cap with wire cutters, don't pull, they kind of just cleanly pop off. Really easy, only what tmc would do if you sent it away. No more whining :)

Edit: cutting with wire cutters is what a member in here told me
Plus I confirmed with tmc, I send you the email they sent me.

Thanks for this reply Terry - I'll call TMC first but I feel your DIY way will save all postage and its the same result. If they say don't for a technical reason then i'll listen but I have a soldering iron and i've done delicate soldering before so im sure its a straight forward task. I just need to speak to TMC to confirm position C2 & C5 before I do anything.

Iv private messaged you the email and pictures tmc sent me rich.
Could be wrong but it does look/read like all they do is snip, but yea if something went wrong it would be better if they did it wrong.
But it really is easy, only took small amount of pressure with the cutters for the caps to pop clean off.

Hi, I just stumble on this post as I have the same issue.
Anyone could share what capacitors do I need to replace from the board? I live in Brazil so sending to TMC not an option.
regards

Back