• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Critique my aquascape Hi

L lawliet

Hi
I'm new to the planted tank community. But very passionate about it. This is my first attempt on scaping a tank. I'd really like your views on it. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to improve. 🙏🏻 I'm already beginning to see algae growth even though I'm doing frequent water changes.

Attachments

• IMG-20220215-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20220215-WA0004.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20220217_140227_901.jpg
    IMG_20220217_140227_901.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 83

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team
Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPS.
I'm already beginning to see algae growth
Try adding some floating plants, they aren't CO2 limited so can make use of all the <"available light"> and <"nutrients">. They will act like a <"net curtain"> and will diffuse the light until your slower growing plants get going.
I'm already beginning to see algae growth even though I'm doing frequent water changes.
I'd probably see that <"as a positive thing">. Have a look at <"Heated propagator">.

cheers Darrel

L lawliet

Hi all,
Welcome to UKAPS.

Try adding some floating plants, they aren't CO2 limited so can make use of all the <"available light"> and <"nutrients">. They will act like a <"net curtain"> and will diffuse the light until your slower growing plants get going.

I'd probably see that <"as a positive thing">. Have a look at <"Heated propagator">.

cheers Darrel
Hi Darrel
I have ordered a Neo DIY CO2. I'm expecting it in a week. It's a very low budget tank. I will add frogbits to the tank I hope that will work coz i don't have a lot of options. We don't get much aquatic plants here.
Can you also suggest me if i should dose my tank with fertilizers? This tank is 2 weeks old now. Water TDS is 120. I don't have a test kit yet. I'll get it as soon as I can. But my epiphytes are turning yellow. Only the leaves though. I assume the plants were grown emersed. And i want to help them stabilize in their new home.

dw1305

Expert
UKAPS Team