• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi UKAPS - I've heard so much about you!

SilverBee

Seedling
Hi All at UKAPS
I'm new to the forum and have been thinking of joining for ages!

A bit about me - many moons ago I used to have a large 70 litre fish tank at my parents house which I set up as a cold water tank - based entirely on information from my local fish shop. It was more or less okay, but devoid of live plants (yay for plastic plants and ornaments). Since then, I haven't kept a fish tank but I've always been interested and drawn to them.

Fast forward about 10 years and here I am (in my own house) with a 20 litre nano aquarium. I set it up based on a bit of research and more help from another local fish shop. It was by in large, an okay experience but there were LOTS of teething pains and tears. By the end, it was a disaster. I had a light that was too powerful at the recommendation of my fish shop, without knowing that CO2 was a certain requirement with such powerful lighting. Plus a source water with high nitrates and a tank without enough plants...I was doomed to algae (both Cyano and hair) which eventually meant the tank had to be scrapped and I lost my fish in the process :(

Since then I've been researching and researching and researching. I didn't want to succumb to the same helplessness again and certainly not with the life of creatures at stake. So here I am.

As part of my research I've been watching lots of Youtube with George Farmer, GreenAqua and so on and of course that has brought me here.

I'm excited to join and continue learning about planted tanks and aquascaping. I currently have a newly set up 20 litre nano, low energy and lots of easy grade plants!

Welcome to UKAPS The tutorials on here are great source of information and what set up you decide on a look through the journals🙂

Back