• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi tech low maintenance carpet

Ι had good results with Micranthemum Micranthemoides which can my trimmed low to create a thick carpet. Sagittaria Subulata is also an easy low tech carpet plant. Finally Cryptocoryne parva and Wilisii can create a nice carpet effect.

Also slot depends on your light intensity with a deep tank. Too much grows to fast more maintenance, possible algae issues not enough and carpet won't thrive.
My carpet of micro swords and mini hair grass is 50cm deep and I rarely trim it and its about 18months old
upload_2019-5-6_20-46-35.png

I have struggled with it at times with too much and not enough light think I have it about right ATM
@Filip Krupa has a deeper tank than me and much more intense light IMO yet his tank has done amazing IMO with very few issues that he hasnt resolved quickly, wise choices, good luck, soft water, good tank turnover, prepared to spend money when needed and maybe the 'Gods' helping him out too.
Think it can be hard to advise whats best as what works for one doesnt always work for another

Back