• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi Im a new member.

Sean F

Seedling
I have just put together a hi tech tank with help from Aquarium Gardens (who were just great) and by doing a great deal of research. This is the best forum so I joined as I think I will need a great deal of help and advice.

Thanks to all for your welcome. Sorry about taking time to reply but Ive been fighting the good fight with CO2 levels. It dawned on me last night that i might need a longer time on the CO2 to hit 30ppm:oops:. Just got in from meetings today and hey presto Im there. The drop checker isnt as light green as I was expecting but with a KH of 3.5 to 4 and a PH of 6.6 Im there or thereabouts I think. Aquarium Gardens website to thank. TBH its difficult because there are so many conflicting opinions about. Im also doing 60% daily water changes until Saturday and then I will drop down to every other day for a 10 day period as advised so thats not helping CO2 levels. Im planning on introducing Red cherry shrimp next week. The tank is fully cycled with zero ammonia and nitrates for a few days now. I will leave off the fish for another week or so to let the tank settle in. any comments would be gratefully received. Im not new to this but boy have i got it wrong in the past. Ive had a break for 5 years and this time Ive fully researched and hopefully I will be more successful. By the way the tank is 125litres ,corner tank. 1400 LPH canister filter 6 hours light 6000 lumens 6500 kelvins pressurised CO2 TDS tap water 136 Tank TDS 200 GH 6 KH 3.5 to 4. There is a middle ground here as with the same water it can be 3 drops or 4 drops to get a reaction NT labs kit.

Back