• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Surrey

Wallace

Well I've been lurking for months now, reading everyone's journals, looking at loads and loads of different threads about all aspects of the planted tank. You guys on here really are a wealth of knowledge, and have helped me no end so far so I thought it about high time I registered and introduced myself. So here goes...............

Hi I'm Adam and although I'm fairly new to keeping planted tanks I'm not new to fish keeping, and have 6 tanks in total. Only 2 of which have live plants and are listed below. 

My tanks :

Tank 1 : Juwel Rekord 600
Lighting : Standard fitment with 15w day light T8
Filtration : Fluval U2 internal
Co2 : Fluval 20g mini kit
Ferts : Seachem Flourish 5ml twice weekly 
Substrate : Gravel with Columbo Florabase where I have planted. 
Flora : Java Fern on wood, with Anubias Nana loosely planted in the Florabase ( I know this should be on wood but is doing well in the Florabase as its too soft to damage the Rhizome ) and a Crypt. 
Fauna : 6 x Zebra Danios, 8 x Red Cherry Shrimp, 1 x Female Guppy ( stray when transferring Danios from another tank )

th_284f8b06.jpg
th_5c24a731.jpg

Tank 2 : Juwel Vision 180
Lighting : Standard fitment 25w day light T8 x 2 with reflectors
Filtration : Fluval 205 external canister & Tetratec EX 700 external canister
Co2 : AE design Aqua Carbon 5ml daily ( soon to be a DD Co2 system )
Ferts : Seachem Flourish 5ml every other day
Substrate : Gravel with Columbo Florabase where I have planted. 
Flora : Crypts, and Micranthemum Micranthemoides
Fauna : 20 x Harlequin Rasboras, 2 x Baby Angels

This is how the tank looked when I tried to grow Ludwigia Repens, it just rotted away though unfortunately, albeit before I fitted the reflectors. I suspect it wasn't just this that caused its untimely demise though.

th_c3a6f9c9.jpg

So thats just a quick hello from me for now

Thanks for looking guys

Adam

Back