• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from South Yorkshire

walkerx

Hi all,

After being away from the hobby for around 10+ years, my kid decided to clean out my tank around May 2019 while I was at work, which kick-started me getting back into the hobby (much to the wife's disgust :() and spending some money on getting the tank resealed and upgrading the lights and the filter (previously used UGF and now on an internal Fluval U4).

I joined the forum hopefully to find ideas an obtain information and advice from other users without the slamming you get on facebook groups, for having a particular setup or for your thoughts on a setup or process)

My tank itself is L48"xW12"xH18" and is approximately 25-30 years old.
tank.jpg

This year I'm hoping to do the following

Possibly reinstall an UGF (still in two minds about this)
Replace the gravel with some proscape volcano mineral
Upgrade to an external filter, either the Fluval 407 or OASE Thermo 600 (can't decide but swaying towards the OASE) and link it to the UGF
Add a 300L tank (once persuade the wife I need it to hold the wood I have that is too big for current tank)

I currently have cherry barbs, danios, shark, plecos and catfish in the tank

Cheers

Hi all,

After being away from the hobby for around 10+ years, my kid decided to clean out my tank around May 2019 while I was at work, which kick-started me getting back into the hobby (much to the wife's disgust :() and Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire spending some money on getting the tank resealed and upgrading the lights and the filter (previously used UGF and now on an internal Fluval U4).

I joined the forum hopefully to find ideas an obtain information and advice from other users without the slamming you get on facebook groups, for having a particular setup or for your thoughts on a setup or process)

My tank itself is L48"xW12"xH18" and is approximately 25-30 years old.
View attachment 130473

This year I'm hoping to do the following

Possibly reinstall an UGF (still in two minds about this)
Replace the gravel with some proscape volcano mineral
Upgrade to an external filter, either the Fluval 407 or OASE Thermo 600 (can't decide but swaying towards the OASE) and link it to the UGF
Add a 300L tank (once persuade the wife I need it to hold the wood I have that is too big for current tank)

I currently have cherry barbs, danios, shark, plecos and catfish in the tank

Cheers
Welcome! :)

Back