• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Scotland!

BonnieBraes

Seedling
Hello!

Hubby and I have just moved north of the border. We've bought a lovely new place and I'm excited to say I have space for fish keeping again!

Reading through some of the threads, though, it seems like things have moved on since I last had a tank (ten years ago) - last time I cycled a tank, accepted wisdom was dose with ammonia, which doesn't seem to be the case any more. Looks like I have lots to learn!

Once we're unpacked and settled, project no. 1 is going to be a betta tank for my study :)

Welcome :)
Reading through some of the threads, though, it seems like things have moved on since I last had a tank (ten years ago) - last time I cycled a tank, accepted wisdom was dose with ammonia, which doesn't seem to be the case any more. Looks like I have lots to learn!
Things have moved on quite a bit in 10 years. There is no need to use ammonia to cycle a planted tank. And also it doesn't really benefit the right microbial community.
Take a look at the tutorial section it holds pretty much all the info you'll need to get started, and if in doubt just ask ;)
Once we're unpacked and settled, project no. 1 is going to be a betta tank for my study :)
Have you thought about starting a journal?

Hello!

Hubby and I have just moved north of the border. Nox Vidmate VLC We've bought a lovely new place and I'm excited to say I have space for fish keeping again!

Welcome! :)

Back