• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from S.Wales

valevelo

Hi, just started an aquarium based off the YouTube algorithm pushing aquascaping videos, and a lot of the planting questions I Google link here so thought it makes sense to join.

I bought a Aquatropic LED 110 kit from Maidenhead Aquatics and then looked at second hand stuff as you do.... somehow ended up with a TMC 60x45x45cm and a Superfish Scaper 45 🙄

Looking forward to gaining info on planting etc from the knowledge base here. No plans to go down CO² route, but plenty of room to improve my first efforts.

LED110
1000015638.jpg

TMC
1000015654.jpg

Welcome, excited to see your tanks 🙂 who are you watching on YouTube?

Thanks! I wouldn't get too excited though, definitely on the low end of amateur 🤣 Already want to change the first tank with the red stones, mostly impatience waiting for the stem plants to grow in to hide the filter on the left (one on the right is in there to seed for another tank). The plan was for a swim space/sense of depth in the middle between the two islands, but I'm not sure how it will end up

Started with MD Fish Tanks, which led to Fish Shop Matt. Then a couple of Serpa Design & MJ Aquascaping. The simpler ones seem a bit more accessible for a newb.

Hello 👋, welcome. I always found MA at Pughs in Cardiff helpful when I lived in that neck of the woods. What are they like these days?

Hello and welcome to UKAPS valevelo 🙂 Nice to meet you!

The fine folks here are really friendly and knowledgeable. I really enjoy watching folk on Youtube - Fish shop Matt & MJ aquascaping are my favourites!

I like the layout you have 🙂

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to learning from everyone here.

Also watched a few of Green Aqua but the level is something to aspire to not just jump in to, for me at least.

I'll give the layout until January to mature and see what I think of it, otherwise I'll constantly be changing things

Hello 👋, welcome. I always found MA at Pughs in Cardiff helpful when I lived in that neck of the woods. What are they like these days?

Thanks 👍🏻 I havn't been there yet, only their Wenvoe & Pyle stores. I'm waiting for tank to mature & be back from a weekend away before adding a pair of dwarf cichlids. I think I will go to the Morganstown one for a bit more choice, and to see somewhere else, probably easier to get to than St Mellons from near Cardiff Airport

Last edited:
Slowly getting this how I want it. Just a trio to check fit today, then stain and mount some faceplates with magnets to hide the plugs and other storage space. Can figure out what to do with the small 45L tank then that's currently a dumping ground 😂. Thinking of a Betta for some reason
PXL_20240926_171809038.jpg

Back