• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Lincolnshire - now with pictures

Si_2202

Hi all,

I'm Si from Lincolnshire. I've recently upgraded my 500l tank to FE CO2 and found this site immensely helpful, especially in dispelling the myths around fertilisation!

My current tanks are a 500l heavily planted with dirt substrate, 4x 54w T5HO, EI dosing and FE CO2. Tank 2 is 150l medium planted, gravel/sand substate, 2x T8 tubes, EI dosing and DIY CO2. Tank 3 is my son's, 100l heavily planted, gravel/sand substrate, 1x T8, dosed with Lush Max once a week and no CO2.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you all in near future!

Cheers
Si

Thanks for the welcomes, I'll try to post some pics over the weekend. I'm no aquascaper so I tend to go for Jungle style tanks.

The 500l is currently recovering from an algae outbreak which is what lead me here in the first place.

Time for some pictures! I've removed a load of plants from all the tanks so they're looking a bit sparse at the moment.

The first pic is of my son's tank. It's 100l and houses Black Neon Tetras, Harlequin Rasboras, a juvenile Bristlenose Plec and a large colony of Malaysian Trumpet snails. My son has done most of the tank himself using plants taken out of my 500l.
20180127_152643[1].jpg

Pic two is the 150l, It has a mature Bristlenose Plec, Tiger Barbs and Dwarf Neon Rainbows.
20180127_152235[1].jpg

And lastly is the 500l, this is recovering from a fairly major algae outbreak so it's in a bit of a mess right now...
20180127_152246[1].jpg

If there's any interest I'll start a Journal to go into details about plants, equipment etc.

Si

Back