• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi From Bath

CalebWM

Hi guys
No tanks yet :oops: hoping to get a tmc microhabitat some time soon, but I'm tight for cash being only 15, need a job :p But my dad has big fluval tank which I hope to help set up with him some time soon, but it is still in the basement after moving house. Hope to visit aquajardin some time soon and show him what could be done in a planted tank
Thanks
Caleb

Hey Caleb, welcome to UKAPS!:wave: It's a great place here and you'll find all the info you need. Is it the 8 litre MicroHabitat you're setting up? I was going to get that one but decided to get my 20 litre!:)

Hi Caleb and welcome to UKAPS :)
Wish I'd found a site like this at 15, you need to get that fluval resurrected from the basement and maybe set your TMC up as a planted shrimp tank ;)
Cheerio for now,
Ady.

NanoJames - yeah it is the 8litre MicroHabitat I'm hoping to get, I've had a look at your journal and it looks really good
Ady34 - This site is really helpful and I'm grateful for any help I get, I keep trying to get the fluval up and running but it is really heavy and requires at least 4 people lifting
Thanks
Caleb

Define good? There are some shops near that have their plus points. I'm not going to claim that they're award winning but they are good at what they want to do and the staff are friendly. Does depend on how far you want to travel and what you're into.

Hi all,
Have you found any good shops near?
For "ordinary" fish your best bet locally is "Pet Care" a small pet shop on St. Paul's St, in Chippenham (SN15 1LJ), the owner is an aquarist and the fish are in very good condition.

Other possibilities are the MA at Leekes in Melksham, and the MA at Hick's Gate in between Keynsham and Brislington. Both do a wide range of fish and plants (Aquafleur), but are quite pricey.

Further a field Parker's at Iron Acton, Old Forge Tropicals in Devizes and Amazon Aquatics in Warminster are all worth a visit.

cheers Darrel

Acres supply in Corsley are good for occasional unusual stock, the team are fairly obsessed with plecs but are a good bet for ordering in stuff that you need. Bath Aquatics at White Row in Bath are also good for a fairly reliable apisto selection as the owner is a bit of a fan, not a good range of plants though, although they are tropica.

That's the one. They're friendly enough and have some good stock in occasionally, I've found some little gems hidden in their stock but they're generally into the bread and butter side of the trade. Small shop, plants are much like many other small shops. If you get the young woman serving or the dad then you get some good advice. The bloke is more into his marines, although he does know some stuff.

Thanks for the recommendations guys :) will check them out some time hopefully

Back