• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Ashford in Kent

Nighthaunt

Seedling
Hi,

New member here, coming back to keeping fish after about a 15 year break (T5s were the new best thing when I left the hobby) - previously kept marines, but returned with a small Qubiq 60 shrimp tank which I added some cultured plants to and for first time ever they seem to be happy and growing:

E71BD27F-B884-408E-8464-CEDC27B2619C.jpeg

Excuse the mess - working in the study so had the tank to let me relax when glancing away from screen at the cherry shrimps.

I’ve decided I wanted to expand so have ordered for downstairs an AquaEl Opti Set 200 with 2 14w Leddy Day and Night tubes - which I’ve supplemented with an additional 14w day and night tube and a 14w plant tube for 4 tubes in total.

I’ve no idea if these light levels are suitable for medium light demand plants or need to have 2 plant bulbs, can find little information on the day and night bulbs for growing plants on line.

Otherwise would like a planted aqua scape - complete beginner so ideas and advice always welcome.

Many thanks

Alex

Back