• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi all!

Fisher2007

Hi all

Just signed up as wanting to upgrade and need some input and advice before taking the leap

Fish keeping wise, I've kept fish in some form or another all my life. In my teens I had a shed in the garden with 8 different tanks (coldwater, trops and cichlids) along with a pond. In my early 20's I was mesmerized by the marines in my local store and went salty, convinced it was all about the fish and corals 'were just boring'. Roll forward a few years and a few upgrades later I end up with this - just a small move away from my original observation! (Hope the link works....)

http://www.ultimatereef.net/threads/tank-of-the-month-october-2011-fisher-2007.503893/

After a while though it became a noose around my neck, both in terms of cost and maintenance and after a tough decision I decided to shut it down and run the tank as discus only. That didn't last long as it didn't tick any box for me and I closed and sold the tank completely

A couple of years went by and I was missing a fish tank and wanted something easy. These days I have an Aquanano 40 (55 litres) and an Aquanano 60 (100 litres), both planted with a few fish (usual tetra's etc, and easy plants - java's, anubias, etc). Nothing special - no CO2, just liquid carbon and stock lighting

I'm now in the place though where I want a bigger tank again and considering something in the region of 400-500 litres. Again, easy to keep stuff but something that has a bit of a WOW in terms of size

I'll post about that in the relevant forum but for now that's me - so hi to everyone

Cheers Nick

Back