• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi all

Alex J

MY NAME IS ALEX .LIVING IN LEEDS WEST YORKSHIRE. IV BEEN KEEPING FISH ON AND OFF FOR 25 YEARS AND HAVE ALWAYS HAD AN INTEREST IN AQUARIUM PLANTS.AT THE MOMENT I HAVE TWO TANKS A 35LITRE LOW TECH PLANTED WITH CRYPTS, NYMPHOIDES SP,TAIWAN,LAGENANDRA MEEBOLDI, V.DUBYANA AND MONOSELENIUM TENERUM .MY OTHER TANK ALSO LOW TECH IS 125 LITRE ,PLANTED WITH WISTERIA,H.CORYMBOSA, LAGENANDRA MEEBOLDI,VARIOUS SMALL CRYPTS, L.REPENS, A,CARDINALIS ,NYMPHAEA SP. V.DUBYANA. MONOSELENIUM TENERUM. SMALL TANK IS DEVOID OF FISH AT THE MOMENT, LARGER TANK HAS CONGO TETRAS, BLUE RAINBOWS,CHERRY BARBS AND A FEW OTOCINCLUS.THINK THAT JUST ABOUT COVERS IT FOR A FIRST POST! FOUND THIS SITE BY ACCIDENT,GLAD I DID

Hi Alex. Welcome to UKAPS! We love photos here, feel free to post some in one of the tank threads.

Just a small thing - it's really hard to read this that are posted all in capital letters! You'll probably get more responses if you use lower case.

Cheers, Tom

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hiya Alex, welcome, you won't regret this accidental find.... Have you found Mr Amano yet?

btw when you write in all CAPs... this usually means that you are SHOUTING! :)

Hi and welcome.
How is the Lagenandra meeboldii doing in your low tech ?.

big tom,rebel thanks for the welcome, must of pressed the caps lock button! guess i should of realised that by the size of the text on the page! Rebel, by mr amano i assume you mean the shrimp? don't have any at present i'm not too sure my congo tetras or kutubo rainbows could be trusted not to try make a snack out of them.Thanks again for the welcome.

hi Nelson,i have several plants in my two tanks all are doing really well imo, having at least doubled in size since i planted them about two months ago hadn't seen this plant before so thought i would give them a try.

Thanks for the welcome, been having a good scout round the site and it seems very informative, good to know there's somewhere to go for advice.

Thank you troi,Wisey, Greenfinger2 and paraguay for the welcome im still finding my way around the site, there's so much information available which is all good!

Rebel, by mr amano i assume you mean the shrimp? don't have any at present i'm not too sure my congo tetras or kutubo rainbows could be trusted not to try make a

Hi and welcome. Rebel is refering to Takashi Amano. You should google him.

Hi thanks for the welcome i have viewed a few of his creations on youtube , incredible looking scapes ! i was saddened to read he has passed away.

It is sad, and I think his loss is still felt very keenly, not least among the aquascaping community in general. But as you've seen his legacy lives on:)

Back