• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

here we go....in the deep end

Hi,Thanks for replying!

The tank is 800x450x400 140L

- maintenance routine: weekly 60% water change inc substrate hoover, glass cleaned, brown algae rubbed off by hand (only removes the worst),
- temp: 22
- photoperiod: 5 hrs (just blacked out half the leds yesterday)
-
sunlight: none direct
- fertilizers - water column, root tabs: 1 squirt of Tropica premium a day and 2ml of Easycarbo, have ordered Tropica capsules.

The Java ferns are going brown at the tips and there is a green cobwebby algae on the moss and other surfaces.
I'm hesitant to cut back so much of the plants BUT that seems the general consent!! But I'm presuming just the stem plants not the ferns??

Cheers

Ideally you need to chop out or spot dose any affected leaves as very few algae will go away by itself, only when the new leaves are growing algae free you can say you have fixed/resolved whatever was causing the algae.

Also 1 squirt of tropica for 140L seems pretty low, i would atleast double that and see how it goes.

Ideally you need to chop out or spot dose any affected leaves as very few algae will go away by itself, only when the new leaves are growing algae free you can say you have fixed/resolved whatever was causing the algae.

Also 1 squirt of tropica for 140L seems pretty low, i would atleast double that and see how it goes.
Yes, doubled as of yesterday...will see if things improve. cheers

EAADA50C-09CF-4D73-86D6-4EB405912C0F.jpeg

Those PLED lights are bright ,without knowing all the parameters on them. How about increasing plants with plenty of fast growers and floating plants

Those PLED lights are bright ,without knowing all the parameters on them. How about increasing plants with plenty of fast growers and floating plants
Yeah I have asked APS for more detail about the light but they didn't reply, all the description says is:

• Power: 26w
  • Temperature: 7500K
I have taped over half the lens to reduce power and I think that has had a positive effect.

Back