• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hemianthus Callitrichoides - problem during DSM

Roman

Seedling
Hi. I've started a new tank using dry start method and would like to ask for some advice.

As a substrate I've used planting soil (natural, no fertilizers) capped with 2-3mm gravel.

Plants: elocharis mini, reineckii nana and hemianthus cuba.
The tank is 11 days old.

So, some parts of hemiamthus started to get dark green after around 7 days and became "slimy". After around 12 h they got covered by a web-like substance (not classic "fluffy" mold). Rest of the plants are healthy and grow nicely. Also the problem seems to occure only on some HC, not the whole carpet.

Temperature is around 22.9 C - 23.5 C and the humidity is 90%+, I spray the plants with water every day and ventilate for fresh air

I would be greatfull for some advice.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I read the information you've provided and since there is no apparent tested solution of the problem I will probably flood the tank earlier.
The infection is spreading so I don't have much choice.

Your substrate looks very wet, so that may have some effect

I’d trim/remove as much of the degraded HC as possible before flooding, anything advanced is just going to continue melting once flooded ... are you able to add shrimp or snails soon?
(they are usually more efficient at removing individual damaged leafs)

Back