• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with serious melting

Jamiemurphy777

Hi guys, I need some help. I planted my 60p two weeks ago. Had the abit crypt melt which is fine nothing to serious. Then about a week ago my Staurogyne repens started to melt, it was a 90% melt off. I reacted by trimming the remaining few back to a bare stem and roots. Not sure if this was the correct thing to do but it felt right.

Here's the real issue though, it seems any plant that was growing near a the repens has also started to melt. Plants being glossostigma elatinoides, rotala h'ra, a couple different Anubuis species. It feels like it's spread from the repens though as the species are growing elsewhere in the tank fine but only the ones near the effect repens have melted.

I've just trimmed back all plants effected again but what should I do guys.

Any suggestions and information is welcome. I don't know what to do

Hello,

I have just posted a thread on Staurygonye Ripens.
I am finding it a very difficult plant.
My personal advise, and it is only mine is to forget the Ripens and Crypts until your tank is more established. Sticking with the fast growers.
i am finished with the Ripens Situation …

A few weeks ago I've experienced very similar situation. Have tried several remedies. Acriflavin worked best.

Back