• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with maths!

Myrtle

Hi, I'm almost out of pre-made AIO ferts and have a box of Solufeed 2:1:4 ready to go. I have a 300ml dosing bottle which has a 1ml pump but I can't work out how to much to add to the bottle so that I can use the 1ml pump to dose multiple sized tanks! All are low tech bar the little 12l. Is it possible to make a solution where I can just dose 1 pump (1ml) per 10 litres? I'm sure it is but I can't do the required maths. That's what a GCSE grade C equals - an utter inability to do maths!

Last edited:
Is it possible to make a solution where I can just dose 1 pump (1ml) per 10 litres?
Unless you reach some sort of solubility limit, I don't see why not...

But people will need your target tank concentration for at least one element, and the concentration of this same element in your Solufeed (although this one is probably known)...

I don't really know what my target is, I just follow the instructions on the bottle normally! I think, from previous threads, I'm looking around 0.3g of solufeed per 10l but I can't do the maths to convert iy to the amound to put in 300ml of water to get the equivalent in a 1ml pump.

Going from your number, you want 0.3g per 10L and 1ml per 10L, so you want 0.3g per 1ml of solution!!

Does it sound right? If your bottle has 300ml, you want to add 300 x 0,3g = 90g.

In order for you to check for solubility limits, you would need to run it by that spreadsheet that people use around here. Or just test it...

Edit: Looking at the numbers now, I'm sure there is something wrong, it is way too concentrated. It is better then to get a target reference from your previous AIO to double check this 0.3g/ml information.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm almost out of pre-made AIO ferts and have a box of Solufeed 2:1:4 ready to go. I have a 300ml dosing bottle which has a 1ml pump but I can't work out how to much to add to the bottle so that I can use the 1ml pump to dose multiple sized tanks! All are low tech bar the little 12l. Is it possible to make a solution where I can just dose 1 pump (1ml) per 10 litres?

Yes it can be done with the IFC Calculator, If you let me know what commercial AIO you was using or which dosing regime your using I will work out the mass (or someone else will) for you. The IFC isn't newbie friendly and I assume your after a easy/quick result. The IFC Calculator does all the solubility limits as well.

Hi, I'm almost out of pre-made AIO ferts and have a box of Solufeed 2:1:4 ready to go. I have a 300ml dosing bottle which has a 1ml pump but I can't work out how to much to add to the bottle so that I can use the 1ml pump to dose multiple sized tanks! All are low tech bar the little 12l. Is it possible to make a solution where I can just dose 1 pump (1ml) per 10 litres? I'm sure it is but I can't do the required maths. That's what a GCSE grade C equals - an utter inability to do maths!

Add 10 gram Solufeed 2:1:4 into 300 ml Distilled water. Dose 1 ml per 10 liters, which will add 0.5 ppm N, which is about 2.21 ppm NO3.

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I was getting in a right mess trying to work it out!
No worries. While you prepare this solution, I suggest you fill the container to 250 ml Distilled water and then add about 3 ml white vinegar and about 0.2 gram Potassium Sorbate if you want to extend the shelf life of the solution. Feel feel to try without adding any of these and observe the solution to see if it stays clear. After adding 10 gram Solufeed into the 250 ml solution, mix it well until fully dissolved and add remaining Distilled water to fill it to 300 ml and done.

Back