• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with ID of some plants.

Cesar Gonzalez

Seedling
Hello, My name is Cesar. I am new to aquascaping and after a year with a bored fish tank I decided to get into natural plants and installed a CO2 system.
I purchased a easy plant bundle at my LFS but I havent been able to ID some plants.
IMG-20200327-185517.jpg

I dont know which plant is this but is growing really nicelly.
IMG-20200327-185528.jpg

IMG-20200327-185538.jpg

I have got some HC 'cuba'
IMG-20200327-185548.jpg

I have some Anubias, I know they are suffering with BBA so I will treat them today with some liquid carbon as suggested here before.
Does anyone know what type of anubia is it?
IMG-20200327-185601.jpg

IMG-20200327-185606.jpg

IMG-20200327-185612.jpg

I have also got this Sword that was green when I got it but know is turning red toward the top. Also is starting to grow some roots on the top part.
Can someone help me to ID them and also advise on how to replant them? Can I cut those roots and plant them on substrate again?
IMG-20200327-185627.jpg

Also this is the last one if someone can help me to ID.
Thank you very much.
Sorry about those questions as I am assuming they are quite simple plants but I want to do everything properlly and get more info about them.
Cesar,

1/ is almost certainly Hygrophila polysperma.
4/ is absolutely defenitely Aponogeton undulata. This is the only (relatively) commonly sold Aponogeton species, that grow these plantlets.
Aponogeton undulata is a very nice and vigorous plant and growing this species is very similar to Aponogeton crispus. It often has translucent "windows" in the leaves - so this is not a deficiency or sickness. In high light the newest leves often turn a shsde of red, usually fading to green with age. It will produce huge amounts of the strings with plantlets. The plantlets can be cut off and planted in the bottom-layer, where you want - or passed on to fellow aquarists. They grow on really easy, but will benefit a lot from an added nutrition capsule right under it. This plant can grow without added CO2, but will only show full potential with some added CO2 , good fertilisation and a reasonable amount of light.
- enjoy this plant and spread it around, it is not that common unfortunately.......

Back