• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help please- switching to reactor

Sacha

I have always used a UP inline atomizer to diffuse my Co2, but I am sick of the micro bubbles that come through the spray bar, and so I have decided to switch to a reactor.

First of all I don't know which would be the best one to buy.

Secondly I don't know how to connect it.

I've seen this image:

http://image.dhgate.com/upload/spider/b/038/106/b_befoew106038_2.jpg

But I don't understand how this will connect to my external filter tubing. They are also all the same size. If I am installing this in- line, then how can they possibly all be the same size, considering tube diameters vary so much?

So, which reactor should I buy, and how do I connect it to my filter tubing?

Thanks.

Well I have an APS external filter, which uses an unusual hose size. So I guess I won't be able to use a reactor then.[DOUBLEPOST=1399376771][/DOUBLEPOST]These are the dimensions of the tubing:

Diameter: Outer 20mm (0.8"), Inner 15mm (0.6")

I have but there's no way I'm going to do that. I'd much rather by my own. I don't want to risk getting anything wrong

Ed :)

Have you got a link for building your own diffusor because searching give's you a link to this treat ?

thanks, Maurits

I was thinking more along the lines of £10-£20, not £50-£100. I'm happy with a Chinese job, if it works well.

I can highly reccomend the Sera 1000. Used it to good effect on my own tank, pretty simple to set up and use and within your price range. It has one very breakable part where the co2 line connects but you can get round this by putting a check valve further up the line and keep away from the main body of the reactor.

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook

Commercial £10-20 reactors may or may not give you what you desire, and more often than not you'll end up buying multiple solutions and still end up with a compromise. The major compromise is that the majority of commercial solutions have to go into the tank as there's no way they are robust enough to be used externally. For me the point of an inline diffuser is that it eliminates a piece of equipment from the tank. I ended up doing the Cerges/Dwell Time Reactor being fed by my inline diffuser, I used the Watts 20" 1"BSP Clear Housing (more expensive at about £70) and including sourcing PVC barbed connectors to fit probably ended up about £100 in all. I've seen a 10" water filter housing sitting on the shelves at B&Q for about £20, I did the 20" because I had the space for it and read that it was 100% efficient and indeed it is, it crushes all the CO2 my inline can deliver to it at sensible levels of injection and water flow through the reactor.

It's the best DIY solution for external inline systems. As easy as Lego to build.

I appreciate its a decent outlay but I always find if you buy cheap you buy twice. I've got a shed full of eBay Chinese knock off scaping bits, a majority of which have seen a very short stint of use before being retired.... That and every leak I've ever had has been from cheap gear (oh and one from stupidity)
A DIY one will probably set you back close to £50 anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not knocking the diy stuff, some I've read about in the forum are very good. The Sera one I mentioned http://www.sera.de/en/products/in_c...t/sera-flore-co2-active-reactor-500-1000.html
Is quite robust, reasonably priced and quite effective. I have not as yet heard of anyone complaining about leaks or problems otber than the very breakable co2 tubing connector. There are many members who have used these as well.

Tapatalk On Blackberry PlayBook

You seen foxfish's DIY version, I made it about a month back for 20quid and 20mins. So easy and I'm injecting probs 4bps through it, no bubbles in tank. Works a treat, wish I made it ages ago. :)

Back