• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help plant melt

Hooky

I am having terrible trouble with growing health plants and melting leaves. It appears that initial growth is good then after a month or two I start running into trouble again. The tank has been running since October and is currently running stock lighting and internal filter that comes as standard with Juwel Rio tanks. This was heavily stocked with Tropica easy low light plants with no CO2 or ferts, and used dennerle scaper's soil as my chosen substrate. I had some melt as expected as the tank matured and after a couple of months particularly the limnophila sessiliflora was growing relatively fast and the tank in whole was filling out nicely apart from some isolated BBA and GSA. Then suddenly virtually all the limnophila sessiliflora melted and any new growth was stunted, I had put this down to me not dosing the tank with ferts and liquid CO2, and reduced my photoperiod for 8hrs to 6hrs.

I removed most of the plants that had melted and replaced most of the limnophila / rotala / ludwigia palustris with hygrophila polysperma / difformis / Rosae australis and added some floating plants. I then started daily dosing liquid carbon and TNC complete, again initial few months of growth have been good and all filling out nicely. Over the past week I have started to notice some of the leaves melting what could possibly be causing this?

Back