• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help needed! First aquascape

michael woods

Referred to this site numerous times over the past few weeks as some of the information I've found has proved invaluable. However, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who can help. I'm currently cycling my first 64l aquascaped tank using:

Interpet fish box 64l
Fluval 106 canister filter
Ada powersand
Ada aquasoil malaya
2x standard interpet daylight bulb
Custom 15w t8 bulb

Started my cycle 2 weeks ago today and planted moderately with DHG but as yet my ammonia is staying around 3ppm, no sign of nitrites and around 30ppm nitrate (I am currently ei dosing). I'm also running the fluval 88g pressurised co2 system. Lights are on for 10 hours a day and co2 comes on 1 hour before lights on and goes off at lights out.

Two weeks since planting and I have seen no growth from the DHG so I was wondering whether this may be because I have used the normal grain size aquasoil instead of the powder type? If anyone has had success in doing a full DHG carpet in normal aquasoil, then tips and advice would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks,

Mike

Thanks for your reply! So the DHG should be ok in the normal grain size aquasoil? Had a horrible feeling I was going to have to take it out and replace it!

Well I'm running a fluval 88g pressurised co2 at 1bps but the flow from the fluval 106 was pretty poor so I added a koralia 900 power head to help get the water moving in a circular rotation. So I guess it's just a waiting game for my tank to eventually cycle and for the DHG to send it's roots out?

Back