• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help make my aquascape better

Aquasheep

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to aquascaping and already improved greatly with help of this forum!
Because I had to deal with lots of algae issues I decided to first focus on getting that under control before focusing on the layout.
Now that I have co2 and water parameters in range I get good results. It is now time to make my design look better.

Any suggestion on how I can improve my current setup, without redoing the whole thing?
It looks a bit boring now...

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5699.jpeg
    IMG_5699.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 493
Be patient mate.

Those plants will soon be growing. Trim and re-plant. That left hand corner will be grown out and fill that area nicely.

Don’t make any changes, just give it time. See how things grow, observe the different growth rates of each plant, try a few more plants as you go along etc……

The only thing I’d maybe say change, and hopefully someone with more experience can vouch for this.
Is mine you’re filter pipes to the front, as stuff grows it will just eventually start getting pulled in by the filter.
As the stems get taller, I’m not sure how much they’ll appreciate being right in front of your outflow.

You could try a background, it's cheap and easy to experiment with different colours. And to change back if you don't like it.

How about some twiggy additions? Left bare or with moss growing on parts. Though it could mess up your flow & CO2 distribution. 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20220522_214658.jpg
    IMG_20220522_214658.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20220522_214253.jpg
    IMG_20220522_214253.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 134
Back