• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help/advice with improving flow (Roma 90)

DaveWatkin

Hey guys,

I have a Roma 90 (~90L) with a Eheim Experience 150 external filer (~500l/h) which has been fine while running the tank as a low tech but I have just done a bit of a rescape and while none of the plants are particularly demanding, I would like to see them at there best so will be adding CO2.

I currently use the spray bar on the back wall in the center pointing slightly down at the front glass, the entry points for the Roma are not great so it's really my only option. I will be using an inline diffuser but with the low flowrate I'm worried about distribution.

Ideally a new filter would be the option but I can't afford that right now so am looking at other options to increase my flow a little using powerheads/submersible pumps.

My problem is I'm not sure where would be best to position this extra flow or how much you thing I would need? I was thinking two small powerheads (~200l/h each?) , one at either end of the spraybar pointing with the spraybar flow might be good? Or maybe one big one above and in the middle of the spraybar, again pointing with the same flow direction.

What do you think? Also any recommendations on the actually hardware greatly recieved!

Picture of the setup currently. Ignore the hanging air stone, rescape caused a bit of a bacterial bloom so it’s temporary to help clear the water up and keep the oxygen levels ok.

Will be adding a more permanent solution to the back right for bubbling at co2/lights off when I start injecting.

Attachments

• 79320B92-35D1-4238-9F9E-8DCCFB8C0BE3.jpeg
    79320B92-35D1-4238-9F9E-8DCCFB8C0BE3.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 114
My problem is I'm not sure where would be best to position this extra flow or how much you thing I would need? I was thinking two small powerheads (~200l/h each?) , one at either end of the spraybar pointing with the spraybar flow might be good? Or maybe one big one above and in the middle of the spraybar, again pointing with the same flow direction.
Hello Dave,
OK, 900 L/Hr is the target, so with two additional 200 L/Hr pups that will work. You just need to space the pumps along the back wall evenly from the end of the spraybar to the left wall. Looking at your photo the spraybar looks a bit low to me. I would move it to just underneath the water level. All holes and pump outlets should point forward straight & level.

Cheers,

Back