• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello!

Willage

Hello all

just joined this forum as I’m just in the process of installing a new large aquarium which will in part be a room divider.
- with this in mind I’m planning on heavily planting this to create the privacy in each room.

I’ve been inspired by an installation that I visited in an aquarium in Lisbon (obviously a few years ago now - pre covid) called Takashi Amano Forests Underwater at Oceanarium Lisbon, which is nothing short of amazing!!

Welcome! Visiting the Amani aquarium in Lisbon is definitely on my post-Covid to-do list!
Thanks Karmicnull! Great to be here :)

I cannot recommend it enough - and Lisbon in general, if you do go I’m happy to give some pointers on the city as a whole, we spent 2 weeks there and it’s absolutely fantastic!

A fellow Cantabrigian?

About ten miles out (more affordable housing :D). There are a few Cambs folks knocking about here.
Ah!!! Not far away then!
you’ll have to help me out with any good aquatics locally, the only one I’ve been to is Maidenhead Aquatics.

You are in luck! @Aquarium Gardens (forum sponsor) are on your doorstep (just beyond St Ives on the way to Huntingdon) for all your scaping needs. Once lockdown's over it's a must-visit purely for inspiration. Although you will inevitably end up spending money, no matter how frugal your intentions are in advance! The MA in Coton is, well, an MA. There's another MA in Dobbies (used to be Huntingdon Garden and leisure). <Ely Aquatics> is a friendly family-owned business, and if you fancy roaming further afield <the water zoo> in Peterborough is outstanding for fish. If you're ever headed out east, then go to @Scaped Nature (another forum sponsor) in Norwich.

You are in luck! @Aquarium Gardens (forum sponsor) are on your doorstep (just beyond St Ives on the way to Huntingdon) for all your scaping needs. Once lockdown's over it's a must-visit purely for inspiration. Although you will inevitably end up spending money, no matter how frugal your intentions are in advance! The MA in Coton is, well, an MA. There's another MA in Dobbies (used to be Huntingdon Garden and leisure). <Ely Aquatics> is a friendly family-owned business, and if you fancy roaming further afield <the water zoo> in Peterborough is outstanding for fish. If you're ever headed out east, then go to @Scaped Nature (another forum sponsor) in Norwich.
Cheers Karmicnull, I’ve just looked at Aquarium Gardens, which look absolutely fantastic!!!!! I can see my credit cards getting a bit of a hit already!

Back