• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello

ARDV8

Seedling
Been lurking for a while. just bought a used Fluval Profil 1000. Got some plants etc, but now looking for advice on CO2 and if it is needed. Thanks to everyone who posts on here, some really good information.

Welcome to UKAPS. CO2 is for high tech and needed for more demanding plants,many on here have non CO2 low tech ,with lovely aquascapes,check out the tutorials and journals

Research, plan and ask lots and lots of questions. The planning is a massive part, working on how you want the tank to look in way of aquascaping, researching what plans you like and there needs, and then planning the aquascape. You might fine the whole process takes months and months but be patient the time you invest before hand will pay out in the end.

Hi there....I am new to the co2 systems....I did a lot of research and ended up with a co2art pro set kit.....and then hooked it up to a 2kg fire extinguisher.....sounds daunting but it is easier than I though. This from what I can tell is cheaper in the long run as the gas works out with my small 90 later tank at a few £’s a year....
All the best Chris

Last edited:
By the way I have found that already a couple of weeks after first introduction of co2 my tank is really blooming!
Though it’s a juggling act at first slowly increasing in my case about 1 bubble every 2 seconds....as I have to consider how my fish will react.....
Make sure you have plenty of surface movement if you have fish in the tank....
Cheers
Chris

Back