• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from the Highlands

AlbaAquarist

Hi all, I have been browsing the forums for quite a while and thought it's about time I said hello.

I had an aquarium when I was a child, but only seriously entered the hobby about a year ago. I'm primarily interested in the fishkeeping side of things and keep low-tech, slow growth and low maintenance tanks (although I enjoy reading about the high-tech setups of others). However lately I've been more interested in the aquascaping and plant side of the hobby: beyond the benefits to the tanks inhabitants.

I currently have 4 tanks (with more planned... MTS :lol:): A 340L Angelfish tank, 22L cube housing Boraras brigittae, 88L tank currently housing Cherry Shrimp (more planned), and a 64L 'quarantine' tank housing a group of Sphaerichthys osphromenoides I recently acquired for my upcoming 'blackwater' tank.

I've already learnt a lot from browsing the forums, and hope to continue.

The picture is my 88L, it's an old second hand tank so apologies for the shabby look and the scratches on the glass, also needs a bit of maintenance.

Attachments

• 88L tank.jpg
    88L tank.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 151
Lovely natural looking 88l tank, welcome to UKAPS.

This forum is generally more geared towards those who keep "high tech" tanks with carefully maintained "aquascapes", but there's loads of incredibly useful information for those of us more interested in the fish and/or shrimp keeping side of the hobby!

Tbh this place is much better overall than most dedicated fish/shrimp keeping forums due to the attention to detail and realisation of how important plants are for water quality.

Hope you enjoy your stay :).

Back