• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from St Albans!

dchollo82

Hi members!

My names David and I live in St Albans, Hertfordshire. Hope you’re all well. 🙂

I’m getting back into the hobby. Have kept aquariums in the past containing plants with mixed success.

This one was inspired by my daughter. She was looking for a summer project and really wanted to keep some fish so here we are.

Not really a scape but more just a planted nano tank. It’s a super fish home 25. I didn’t like the casing or lighting much as I couldn’t raise it or dim the lights when in a wall timer, so have removed and replaced with a hygger 14 watt full spectrum which I picked up on Amazon and installed today.

Low tech set up. Been going for nearly 3 weeks. I’m doing regular water changes and dosing with 2hr aquarist daily. Lights are set to around 50-75% and on for six hours.

I have noticed some brown on the Anubis’s leaves and at the back right (where the light hasn’t been as great) with the previous light it looks like the roots are rotting a bit?

The aquarium is in the kitchen which is well lit with large windows but not direct sunlight

Would really appreciate any advice on management and getting the best from this first set up.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpeg
    IMG_3723.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3722.jpeg
    IMG_3722.jpeg
    845.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3721.jpeg
    IMG_3721.jpeg
    750.9 KB · Views: 10